In my last post I said that we were trapped. Walled in.
I had money and lost dreams on my mind:
Car payments.
House payments.
Water Heaters.
Broken refrigerators.
Mended stockings.
Now we're free.
I payed the last payment on our house today Willy.
Did you hear me? We're free.
Please. Forgive me for not crying.
I can't find the tears anymore.
I've cried so many over the years.
But we're free. After 25 years. Free.
You didn't live the life that Dave promised you.
You may have died the death of a salesman but you certainly didn't live.
You lived dreaming of your death.
At your funeral Willy...
There were no unrecognizable licence plates.
No one talked about you for months on end.
The only thing you had was us.
You didn't take money to the grave, our house, our chevy.
You weren't worth anything dead.
Those memories all fade away like dust and bone.
The only thing you had was us.
And now we're free of this life.
Free from the lies of the life of a salesman.
No comments:
Post a Comment