Biffs Stealing.
Bernards Studying.
Willy finally returned home from his trip to Boston and Providence. But everything here seems so far from providence. He doesn't see it. The boys don't see it. But I do.
He's not home to see Biff stealing in school and his grades slipping. And he doesn't seem to see Happy at all.
The boys are too young to see the struggle their father goes through to provide for them. I don't want to burden Willy with all the business I take care of at home.
Just this morning, I got a call from Biff's mathematics professor. A 61. My son has a 61 in his class and the only reason for that according to his teacher is Bernard. My boy is stealing answers and he still can't pass a math class. I arranged for Biff to take summer courses so he can graduate and go to university. The boy has so much potential, Willy can see it. I just hope that he isn't ashamed of his son attending summer school.
The business never stops. The moment I hung up the phone it started ringing again.
I picked up and this time it was Frank reminding me of how much we owe for the carberator in the Chevrolet. That old Chevy. When we got it, why, I thought we were living the dream!
THEN. I got another call. It was one of the mothers from Biff's highschool. She told me she was worried for the safety of her daughter. Said, Biff was too rough with all the girls.
I don't know what to do.
When Willy got home, I tried so hard to be proud of him. The boys are so enamored with him and his stories of when he goes away. But that's all they are....stories. Few men are idolized by their sons as much as Willy. He fills their heads, hoping that if they know the right people, put on a good show, then they'll make the sale and find success. I pray it's true.
No comments:
Post a Comment