Biff is home. Willy had another episode.
I sang him to sleep last night. I held my old salesman in my arms and I hummed away his troubles. He talked about Biff winning that game so many years ago. I think it's the last time Willy can remember something going right. He reminded me of dreams of the past. Dreams long ago.
Willy is so much like Biff. I remember early on him dreaming of the country...of fresh air. And every time Biff returns from some farm job I think it reminds Willy of his desire for open air. We didn't want this life. Willy just wanted to be loved not to work till the age of 84. The life of a salesman is death to our dreams.
Willy ranted on last night about dreams of our past...of what he swears to be our future. We remembered those elm trees in our backyard. He remembers the peonies and the daffodils. I remember the lilies.
But now that's all replaced by smelly apartments. We're trapped in. Windows and bricks. Bricks and windows.
No comments:
Post a Comment